The mission of Sophia’s Garden Foundation is to proliferate a compassionate and highly effective way of caring for children with life-threatening conditions, a way that enables families to take charge of their child's health care to ensure the quality of all their lives. We call this approach Healing in Community. It is our belief that healing is, inherently, a community endeavor and that the healing in community approach can:
- Improve the quality of life for child and family
- Expand society’s capacity for caregiving, while reducing social costs of illness
- Create a wellspring of growth and healing for all community members
- Develop an open, living knowledge base of healing that is accessible to all
- Focus on living fully and embracing transformation
A graduate student could play in the development of the venture: We are in start-up mode and have no paid staff a t this time. I am working, as a volunteer, to develop the Business Plan, and would welcome help from a grad student who is familiar with (or would like to research) effective funding models for non-profit social entrepreneurs.